Dove House School is committed to maintaining a close working relationship with parents and carers of children attending the school.
The Parent Partnership Manager offers the following assistance to parents and carers:
* Advice and information on matters specific to special educational needs.
* Completion of benefit forms.
* Writing letters on behalf of parents to other agencies e.g. housing.
* Information on services available to parents/carers within Hampshire.
* Accompanying parents at meetings with other agencies.
* Home visits.
* Transition Planning, exploring opportunities beyond school.
* A listening ear providing support/encouragement at times of difficulty.
* A resource library containing local and national information related to special needs.
* Providing support for the family.
* Assistance with transport issues.
Prior to pupils joining the school the Parent Partnership Service likes to meet with parents/carers at home to:
* Obtain the parents perspective about their child's needs, strengths and interests.
* Cement the close working relationship between school and home that will be maintained throughout the child's placement at Dove House School.
* Complete registration documentation.
For further details do not hesitate to contact us.