At Dove House School our ethos and culture is under pinned by our belief in Behaviour for Learning. Pupils are encouraged to take responsibility for their own behaviour, maintaining an orderly and secure community in which mutual respect and care are developed and concern for others and for the immediate environment. Any ‘Lost learning’ may be required to be made up during their social time at break or lunch. Designed to help students understand the behavior we want to see from them: behavior that prepares our pupils for learning and for life beyond the school gate.
Expectation of pupils around school:
- Be where they are supposed to be
- Behave in a calm, safe and sensible manner
- Show consideration for everyone and everything
- Stay within the agreed boundaries at break and lunch times
Classroom expectations for pupils:
- Enter and leave the classroom in a respectful manner
- Follow instructions promptly
- Allow learning and teaching to take place
- Be polite, respectful and considerate of the needs of everyone
Pupils who need support with their behaviour work closely with their tutors, subject teachers, Heads of Key Stage and the pastoral team to set targets to allow them to make progress and think about their learning and the learning of those around them.