What do parents think about the school?
Parents are very supportive and we’re very grateful for their kind words. Here is just a short selection of some of the comments we have received.
Commenting on Dove House School:
‘Sam has achieved over and above our expectations over the last five years, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all that you have helped him to achieve’.
‘We have been delighted with her progress and with her results and she continues to be a very happy and fulfilled young lady’.
‘We both knew that your school was the right place…We knew from the way you and your staff handled the pupils in such a caring, humorous and stress free manner that he would be able to respond’.
‘Dove House is an exceptional school’
‘The staff are visionary and passionate about what they do and get the best out of everyone’
One letter we are particularly proud of:
‘Rob is unrecognisable today to the boy he was five years ago – now a young man, ready to face the world, chomping at the bit, keen to be independent, to study, work and have relationships. He goes out and about, makes new friends, runs races, eats all sorts of foods, values his family. Although Rob may not yet understand all the things that have contributed to his successful development, we both appreciate very deeply the part that you and your staff played in nurturing him over these critical years.’
Commenting on a performance by students at the school’s Shakespeare festival at the Theatre Royal Winchester:
‘WOW – is the only word I can find to sum up how impressed & proud I was with the performance of the students of Dove House School’
‘Charlotte’s performance and persistence to attend is a testament to the professionalism and dedication of the staff at Dove House School. If I could work my will, every child with special needs would attend a school like Dove House’.
Results taken from a parent survey that was conducted in July 2014
• 94% of parents agreed that their child liked coming to school.
• 92% of parents agreed that their child's teachers are good.
• 95% of parents agreed that their child feels safe at school.
• 86% of parents agreed that the behaviour of the children at school is
• 99% of parents agreed that their child learns new things.
• 92% of parents agreed that their child finds lessons interesting
• 87% of parents agreed that their child has to work hard.
• 97% of parents agreed that their child's teachers help them to learn.
• 96% of parents agreed that the school encourages their child to be
• 87% of parents agreed that the school listens to their child's views.
• 92% of parents agreed that the school listens to their own views.
• 90% of parents agreed that if their child is worried about anything
there is someone at school they can talk to.
• 97% of parents agreed that if they were worried about anything there
is someone at school they can talk to.
• 97% of parents agreed that the Headteacher does a good job and
makes Dove House a good school for everyone.