In partnership with the parents and the community, our aim is to make a positive difference to the lives of all the pupils in the school. “Making a Difference”
Aims for pupils
- To develop their knowledge, skills, experience and imagination to their maximum.
- To be able, by the end of their school careers, to take a full and active part in society as independently as possible.
- To grow into a well rounded young adult, able to live as independently as possible.
- To take the lead in living an inspirational happy life.
Aims for Teaching and Learning:
- To provide educational experiences which are more effective than that offered in a mainstream school for children with learning difficulties.
- To provide learning situations and tasks which are stimulating, informative, planned and relevant.
- To minimise the effect of, or compensate for any disabilities.
- To provide a curriculum which goes beyond the classroom and prepares the pupil for the adult world of work, leisure and potential parenthood.
Aims for the school:
- To be a place in which the children feel confident, safe and secure.
- To be a place where the pupils and their parents feel individually known and with which they are proud to be connected.
- To be an organisation, which is highly regarded and valued by the pupils, parents and the community to be an environment in which it is a pleasure to work.